Bosco Ntaganda, M23 founder, surrendered to the ICC last month after fleeing to the US embassy in Rwanda [AFP]
The report, released on Wednesday covered "mass rape, killings, and arbitrary executions and violations resulting from widespread looting," UN spokesman Martin Nesirky told reporters.
A report by the UN Joint Human Rights Office said most of the rapes took place over November 22-23 in the eastern Congo town of Minova.
The report states: "One or two of the soldiers would leave with the looted goods and at least one would stand guard as the remaining (Congolese) soldiers raped women and girls in the house. Victims were threatened with death if they shouted; some were raped at gunpoint. Most victims were raped by more than one soldier."
"The victims included 33 girls aged between 6 and 17," Nesirky said...........
UN accuses Congolese troops of child rapes - Africa - Al Jazeera English