Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Message from Caroline Herring




NPR Interview!!

Caroline Herring Listserv - January 2010

Happy New Year, everyone! I am so pleased to announce that I had a terrific interview with Mary Louise Kelly on last weekend's All Things Considered on NPR. She and I talked about Cyndi Lauper, Walter Anderson and my grandmother, among other topics. I also sang a song for her. You can hear the interview HERE.

Thanks to Oxford American Magazine for including me in their Annual Music Issue! I was truly honored by the essay and the short story entitled "Things That Haunt You".

I have no gigs to report for January, except a fun Elvis tribute at a local Atlanta coffeehouse. However, February cranks up with two more Celebrating Eudora (including myself, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Claire Holley and Kate Campbell) events, this time at the Savannah Book Festival and the South Carolina Book Festival. I'll also have a string of dates in the mid-Atlantic region, including a wonderful opener for Dave Alvin at The Birchmere. March takes me back to home base - Mississippi and Georgia.

With best wishes,

Caroline

****

For more information go to my http://carolineherring.com

1/8 - Atlanta, GA, Elvis Tribute, Kavarna Coffeehouse

2/6 - Savannah GA - Celebrating Eudora, Savannah Book Festival

2/18 - Alexandria VA - The Birchmere, supporting Dave Alvin

2/19 - Easton MD - Avalon Theatre, supporting Dave Alvin

2/22 - Norfolk VA - North Shore Point House Concerts

2/27 - Columbia SC - Celebrating Eudora, South Carolina Book Festival

3/11 - Oxford MS - Thacker Mountain Radio and Music in the Hall

3/12 - Jackson MS - Hal and Mal's

3/26 - Decatur GA - Eddie's Attic

1 comment:

  1. I for one, am really looking forward to the Savannah music festival...more coming up on that soon!Thanks Mac for this.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but keep it civil or your comment will be exiled to the voids of cyberspace.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.